[time-nuts] NTP pool reliability

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Sat Feb 15 17:09:01 UTC 2020

During the past week my monitors on several of our telescope control
machines started alerting me that their NTP quality was degrading.
The unhappy ones were using out of the box configurations of
N.pool.centos.pool.ntp.org
We surmised that the NTP packets were not reliably traversing the WAN,
and we have reconfigured the critical machines to use local servers.

Has anyone else seen a degradation of reachability and delay to NTP pool?

--
Steve Allen                    <sla at ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB 260  Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855