[time-nuts] Pressure sensitivity of Rb vapor cell standards

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Feb 18 10:06:57 UTC 2020

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 18:16:04 -0600
magnus <magnus at rubidium.se> wrote:

> Hi,In the 5065 and most others, the light intensity is not stabilized.
> It should not be too hard to regulate the Rb lamp amplitude and servo
> it to light intensity from the detector. Didn't Poul-Henning check this?

I still think, replacing the 5065 lamp with a 780nm LED would be worthwhile
to try. Yes, the LEDs have a broader spectrum than a lamp, but it is a lot
easier to keep it stable than a fluerescent lamp. It would also allow to
lower the temperature of the Rb cell to get to the zero tempco point (which
seems to be around 60°C for most mixtures).

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.
                 -- Miss Matheson, The Diamond Age, Neal Stephenson