[time-nuts] Pressure sensitivity of Rb vapor cell standards

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Feb 19 17:16:47 UTC 2020

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 01:40:56 +0100
Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.se> wrote:

> The one thing that one now suffers is that the intensity changes as the
> servo pulls it around, I've not seen an explanation of how that is
> handled for CW operation. For side-band operation one can use the
> AC-modulation amplitude, as one disperse energy from the central carrier.

In those systems where they care about this, they use an additional
loop, outside of the laser head itself, that uses an acusto-optic modulator
to control the intensity. The second paper that I cited in the original
mail mentions that as well.

				Attila Kinali

--
In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be doing it.