[time-nuts] Frequency standards for different tau in Allen Dev measurement

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Fri Feb 21 21:37:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

For white phase modulation noise and flicker phase modulation noise,
ADEV depends on filter bandwidth, but not for the others, according to
theory. This is naturally an approximation, but it works out like that
pretty much in real life too, so it works as an approximation... until
you try to do the math yourself and find out where it does not fit
together properly. Oh well, that is for nuts like me to care about and
you others do not need to bother.

Turns out the approximation of filter is "interesting". A lot of madness
lies there as one tries to do correct analysis, and it all turns out to
be more or less esoteric.

Cheers,
Magnus