[time-nuts] Are there SC-crystals out there in the wild that are not Overtone?

Gerhard Hoffmann ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Wed Feb 26 18:34:23 UTC 2020

Am 26.02.20 um 15:22 schrieb Attila Kinali via time-nuts:
> Do you know what the two coils/transformers that were glued to the
> outside of the inner oven were for?

I guess they are part of the 5 -> 10 MHz doubler

> Bernd Neubig has written a few documents on how to measure crystals
> properly, which should be available from Axtal's website, if I'm not
> mistaken.

Yes, I mentionend the Quarzkochbuch above. There was a nonstandard

solution proposed by Detleff Burchard in UKW-Berichte / VHF Communications

4/92 but I can't find my copy. I had built the head some 20 years ago

and it seemed to work. The drawback was that one had to compensate C0,

at least at 100 MHz.

regards, Gerhard