[time-nuts] PCB layout question for GPSDO

Matthias Welwarsky time-nuts at welwarsky.de
Sat Feb 29 12:40:06 UTC 2020

On Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2020 16:17:56 CET Tobias Pluess wrote:

> Attached 2 photos and the new schematic!

I'm always wondering about the merit of placing the temperature sensor close
to the OCXO. It's certainly not the only, or maybe not even the dominant
source of temperature related disturbance.

For example, there's the TDC7200 itself. When I tested my design first, the
measurements had a distinct relation to temperature, in the order of maybe
300ps/°C, but there's other stuff as well, for example, the 74ALVC74 in yours,
the whole analog output section etc.

Wouldn't placing the temperature sensor close to a heat source make it less
suitable for compensating those effects?

BR,
Matthias