[time-nuts] HP5065A on ebay

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 1 22:41:17 UTC 2020

On 1/1/20 1:27 PM, Jeremy Nichols wrote:
> Wonder why a highway department would have a rubidium standard?

I'm not sure about one like that, but a frequency standard in the radio
shop wouldn't be surprising for checking radio frequencies, calibrating
electronic distance measuring equipment,  etc.

Of course, today, they'd buy a SR725 or some GPSDO.

And it might well have been purchased by the ebay vendor as part of a
lot of surplus gear sold essentially by the pound/ton.

(of course, the seller has only been on ebay for a few months)