[time-nuts] Wall Clock that takes 1PPS input

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 01:56:25 UTC 2020

Jerry the old IBMs are loud at the 1 minute mark or if pulsed clunk clunk
clunk. Great when you first start them annoying after a bit. But if the
cost is $0 have fun and learn. With respect to 60 hz motors you will need
real power to drive them nothing a micro can do. Something like 20 watts at
some voltage. It all varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
There was something else on the IBM clocks and don't recall. But I think if
you sent a inverted pulse the clock would go to the top of the hour or was
it that it went backwards.
I suspect there is some good information online.
Regards
Paul.
WB8TSL