[time-nuts] signal transit time through WWV receiver

GERRY ASHTON ashtongj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 00:43:59 UTC 2020

It turns out Adam Farson has posted the appropriate measurements at https://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7300/7300notes.pdf

The radio in question is an ICOM IC-7300. For lower sideband, the latency of the radio is about 3.7 ms. By my calculation, the propagation delay (computed with the great circle distance and speed of light in a vacuum) is about 8.8 ms, so the total is about 12.5 ms.

So my first conclusion is this is negligible for any manual use. If/when I develop any automated use I can decide what delays in the automation are negligible, and which aren't.