[time-nuts] Any (relatively) cheap TSIP GPS receivers without WNRO out there?

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sun Jan 12 17:05:28 UTC 2020

Trimble replacement for EOL and WNRO was discussed here on Time-Nuts, five years ago (2015).  Heol Designs is the solution.  I have the Heol Design N024 GPS receiver in my Datum/Symmetricom/Microsemi TymServe 2100.
==
Cheap?  TSIP drop-in?
Relative term ... unless you desire a 19” door stop.

Heol Design N0xx series
https://www.heoldesign.com/-Trimble-GPS-replacement-boards-

Heol Designs manufactures replacement GPS receivers (upgrade & update using Copernicus II chipset).  Used for replacing Trimble iQ, SQ, SK2, LP, ACE II/III GPS receivers (due to EOL and WNRO).
Contact Heol about your specific requirements/replacement.
https://www.heoldesign.com/IMG/pdf/heol_design_like__series_en.pdf

Datum / Symmetricom TS2100 replacement of Trimble Ace III
using Heol N024 GPS receiver.  Solves more than WNRO.
https://www.heoldesign.com/IMG/pdf/heol-tech_note_119_en_r02.pdf

greg
w9gb
==