[time-nuts] Simple GPSDO Multiple Outputs - buffered line driver options?

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 16:07:43 UTC 2020

Re cross talk, I'd suggest:

Fairly equal levels on all the used outputs, to minimize the effects of
crosstalk between them.  This is especially important if you're using
RG-58 or similar cable, which leaks like a sieve.  Crosstalk of this
sort will tend to screw up the edges of a PPS pulse, possibly in a way
as to lead to unreliable/unstable triggering of some of your devices.

As high a level as your devices will safely tolerate, unless you're
concerned
about leakage into other systems, like kb8tq's WWV receiver.  Again, I
suggest
avoiding RG-58 and similar single-braid-shielded cables.  This has been a
significant problem for me, receiving WWV at 10 MHz.  I've been able to
some-
what mitigate this with big clamp-on ferrite chokes, but I still have some
issues.

Dana    K8YUM