[time-nuts] Time Server

Richard Mogford rchrdm at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 27 00:53:30 UTC 2020

Hello

I am using a program called Faros to monitor ham radio signals.  It relies on accurate time.

I built an Arduino time server from the instructions here:

https://ukmeteornetwork.co.uk/news/arduino-time-server/

Faros runs a check on all available NTP servers connected to the PC.  For some reason, it can no longer contact “localhost,” which I think is the PC’s time service.

Can anyone help me figure out what happened to localhost?

Also, is there a good program to monitor the time signals from the Arduino server?  I have it plugged into my WiFi router.  I am trying Dimension 4, but it cannot contact the time server at 192.168.1.251.

Richard