[time-nuts] Time Server

Eamonn Nugent en4614 at bard.edu
Mon Jan 27 05:02:51 UTC 2020

Hiya,

Not to be pedantic... 192.168.x.x is one of three address ranges that
routers are set to. Other ones are 172.(168-256).x.x and 10.x.x.x.

If you're on Mac or Linux, you can run `ip a` or `ifconfig` and view all
the IP addresses. If you're on Windows, you can use `ipconfig`. If your
computer is 192.168.1.251, then that is basically equal to localhost.
However, my personal bet is that 192.168.1.251 is another device on the
network, so you're going to have to find out what device that is in order
to diagnose why it can't contact it.

To check the status of the Windows time service, hold down the Windows key
and tap R, then type in `services.msc` in the box. Scroll down until you
see the Windows Time Service. If it's shows as stopped, go ahead and start
it. You can also stop & restart it, which might clear up any issues.

On another note, should I ask the usual tech support question of "have you
tried turning your pc off and back on again?"

Feel free to contact me on- or off-list if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Eamonn Nugent
Bard '23
CTO, demilleTech