[time-nuts] Cesium Mechanical Chronometer

Bill Slade slade_bill at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:01:12 UTC 2020

Just a thought, as I have no experience with mechanical clocks. Couple your atomic clock 1pps signal to a mechanism that weakly mechanically couples to your chronometer spring-mass-escapement system in some way (assuming 1 tick per second natural frequency for your chronometer).   Rely on the entrainment phenomenon to synchronize the mechanical clock to the electrical signal.

Cheers!