[time-nuts] weird Raspberry PPS+GPS NTP server behaviour

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Mar 2 23:00:08 UTC 2020

> I didn't know about that program and I'd like to try it here.  A neat idea.
> Is it available stand-alone - ready to run?  I could compile it here given
> the source, but not if it has dozens of dependencies on NTPsec, which I
> don't use.

It's stand alone python code.  There is nothing ntpsec specific in it.  It
does use a Linux hook to read the CPU temperature.  If you can read the
temperature on your system, that should be simple to fix.

There are 2 versions.  ntpheat uses the CPU to generate heat.  ntpheatusb
toggles a relay so you can use a light bulb under the CPU.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.