[time-nuts] HP 5335A and using the HPIB for control

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 20:28:30 UTC 2020

Learned Gentlemen,
While my TN stuff is packed for moving, I took a look at the HP 5335 spec sheet.
It appears that the gate time can be extended up to 10^7 seconds which would be very useful.
Talking with Bob Camp off list he said that any HPIB controls would involve some programming which is impossible to do. There is a labview home program for about $100 but that would also require some programing.

I could make extended gate times by making a 1PPS from my 10MHz reference and using it for the external gate start and counting it to get my desired stop time or perhaps there is the possibility of doing an internal mod to the counter which if it wouldn't be fairly simple, I'd rather not try.
Does anyone know of or have a program that I could put on a laptop (windoz) to control the gate time function?  For several reasons at this time  buying something newer like a HP53131 or equivalent to accomplish this is not feasible.
Thoughts?
Regards,
Perrier