[time-nuts] Looking for HP105B addendum for HP11801 oscillator upgrade

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 17:13:47 UTC 2020

Thank you!  I just downloaded it, and that is what I was looking for.

My HP105B is showing strange symptom. OVEN meter reading is always at full scale and frequency tends to wander.  This will certainly help.  Thank you again.

---------------------------------------
(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG

    On Friday, March 6, 2020, 10:53:14 AM EST, Charles Steinmetz <csteinmetz at yandex.com> wrote:

 Taka Kamiya wrote:

> I have an HP105B with a newer HP11801 oscillator.  *  *  *    According to archive, this particular update was never a part of the main manual but was covered in separate 1/2" thick yellow booklet.  Does anyone have a soft-copy of this?

What I have is a 39-page document of "Manual Updating Changes" dated
April 5, 1989 that covers the update ("This supplement adapts your
manual to instruments with serial numbers prefixed through 2848A.").  It
has schematics.

This is available at ko4bb.com as a .zip file, somewhat confusingly
named "HP 105B Crystal Oscillator Service Manual-HP105B PSU.zip."

Visit the "manuals" page
<http://www.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=manuals> and search for
"hp105" (do not type the quotation marks).

The .zip file contains two files, 37 pages of text plus 2 pages of
full-size schematics.

Best regards,

Charles