[time-nuts] HP 5335A and using the HPIB for control

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 21:16:59 UTC 2020

Learned gentlemen,
Thanks for all the replies!

Some additional info.
I'm 79 yo and never had any programming classes or experience in programming.  My specialty was the field of maintaining medical equipment.  My tech education in the USAF was ground radio (with tubes no less).
I wasn't aware that HPIB controllers could be ad in the $35 range.  I was also unaware of the HP program ifo that was posted in a reply.
One proposed use of the 5335 is to place it on the 1 MHz + delta error output of my Tracor 527 FDM looking for a LSD *long count* and also being able to just measure a stand alone oscillators frequency for an extended time.
I'm a total newbe as far as the HPIB is concerned.  I read the info in te 5335 manual and was totally lost. So I'm trying to consider if the data information I seek is worth the time,  effort and my budgetary limits to do this.
I do have a set of the TAPR modules to try out

I do have a Cs for my basic reference as well as several HP 3336's for making offset frequencies.
I'm searching ifo know so after we move I can hit the bricks running.

Regards,
Perrier