[time-nuts] New Subscriber, DIY GPSDO project (yes, another one)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Mar 9 21:45:28 UTC 2020

On Mon, 09 Mar 2020 22:33:32 +0100
Matthias Welwarsky <time-nuts at welwarsky.de> wrote:

> I've actually been thinking of using a Kalman filter to find the "true value"
> of the EFC. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the theory yet.

If you are not afraid of matrices and linear algebra, than I found
that [1] is a good introduction into Kalman filters. Other than
that, you need a decent grasp on control theory. For this I usually
recommend [2], of which you don't have to read everything, but
I would at least recommend the introductory chapters, the part
on loop stability and how to tune control loops.

			Attila Kinali

[1] "Kalman Filtering", by Dan Simon, 2001
http://aug-roma.wdfiles.com/local--files/progetti:arpinpero/Kalman_filtering.pdf

[2] "Feedback control of dynamic systems" by Franklin, Powell, Emami-Naeini
--
<JaberWorky>	The bad part of Zurich is where the degenerates
                throw DARK chocolate at you.