[time-nuts] New Subscriber, DIY GPSDO project (yes, another one)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Mar 10 11:53:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 03:38:11 +0100
Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.se> wrote:

> Now, to raise the complexity, the state-model of noise does not allow
> for flicker noise variants. There just isn't a a good way to express
> that. There is a few articles that give rough estimates, but no
> half-integrators to be seen and therefore the noise models which is so
> important in Kalman does not work very well.

There is a thing called "fractional control" which deals with fractional
order (integrator/differentiator) control loops. But, what I have seen
so far was only fractional order in the underlying system model, not in
the noise. But I have only scratched at the surface of this topic, so
there is a lot I have not seen yet.

If someone here knows more about fractional control, I would really
enjoy a chat about the topic.

				Attila Kinali

--
In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be doing it.