[time-nuts] Accuracy results with Trimble Thunderbolt?

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 22:21:08 UTC 2020

Antenna mask of zero degrees is actually NOT good.  You get satellites going in and out of your antenna's view too often (because satellite can pop in and out of horizon, and other obstructions), cause switches in satellite used, and that contribute to fluctuations.  10 to 20 degree, in most cases, will give you better results.  I'd suggest seeing what it is set to and adjust accordingly.  "Auto" anything will assume a lot of things, and what it arrives isn't always the best.

Also, what T-bolt outputs and LH displays isn't an actual measurement of the output.  It's a computed figure.  I don't actually look at it...  as long as it's locked, I'm pretty happy.
By the way...  I have a lot of GPSDO in my lab.  Short term fluctuation of output vary quiet a bit.  That is quite normal.  It is designed to give you a good average over time.  (hours to days)

(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG