[time-nuts] Crystal filters in test equipment

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 00:27:52 UTC 2020

I don't have sophisticated instruments, so I did a basic test.  Feed 2MHz into a spectrum analyzer and place a 2MHz crystal in series.  I didn't concern myself with impedance matching or any other details.  Just a coax in and out.

It basically acts like a very sharp filter.  What it does to phase noise, etc, is beyond my ability to measure.  I'll have to remember this trick....  It might come in handy!

(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG