[time-nuts] Power glitch - Sat morning

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Mar 31 14:53:49 UTC 2020

On Tue, March 31, 2020 8:28 am, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> If you have a two phase circuit, are both phases of interest?

If you are referring to residential power, a single how would be single
phase center-tapped, as far as I know you never get two phases to a single
residence.  The houses in a neighborhood may be split up among a high
power three phase feed, and an industrial facility will have a three phase
feed and have to balance the loads within the facility, but  house wiring
all assumes single phase (either half of the transformer secondary for
120V loads, or across the full winding for 240V loads).

With that design I would expect there to only be as much difference
between the two legs as  you have difference in loading between the two
halves of the transformer winding, since they share a common primary.

--
Chris Caudle