[time-nuts] GPSDO advice

Bill Notfaded notfaded1 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 03:37:06 UTC 2020

Did you get a newer one with late 2019 at least on the front BG7TBL panel?
The one I got doesn't have the frequency offset bug and works really well.
It locks on multiple birds really quickly.  For the money it's hard to
beat.  I've been comparing it to my Thunderbolt E.  It obviously doesn't
provide the extra info you get with Trimble protocol (so no ocxo info in
Lady Heather) but I'd say it locks onto a lot more and faster than my
Trimble does even if I put it on GPS only constellation for fair playing
field.  I hate to say it but I'm not sure my Thunderbolt is really much
better.  You won't be sorry if it's a later BG7TBL GNSS model.  I've been
running mine on GPS and Galileo lately.

Bill