[time-nuts] Any time-nuttery for spring-wound car clocks?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:36:42 UTC 2020

Has anyone done any time-nuttery with the mechanical clocks available in
cars up through the 1970's?

These were typically spring-wound mechanisms with a solenoid that winds the
spring when it approaches wound-down condition.

I can find some good articles on the interwebs about reconditioning and
repairing and calibrating these

What I'm more interested in, is actual measurements related to temperature,
vibration, and other environmental factors.

Tim N3QE