[time-nuts] Any time-nuttery for spring-wound car clocks?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon May 4 17:42:31 UTC 2020

Rick, indeed, one reason I'd like to find some gathered data on these is as
a "bad example". I'd expect the rate variability to be easily measured
between fully-wound and wound-down states and maybe the movement even locks
up and stops ticking while the solenoid winds. I probably could gather this
data myself if I found a unit that even worked!

Sort of like how W7ZOI's EMRFD book has a "bad example" of an oscillator
which is known to produce horrible phase noise. Just so you can build it
and trivially measure (even easily hear) the phase noise.

Tim N3QE