[time-nuts] Model # FE2040B

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Tue May 5 22:00:04 UTC 2020

Just a thought, and it is just a thought never having come across one of these before....

If it doesn't seem to have an oven, does it seem to have any obvious enclosed oscillator module?

If it's "only" the 10MHz is high, I'm making an assumption here, is it possible that the 5MHz input is used to condition a 10MHz oscillator

that's taking time to settle, whilst the other outputs are taken either directly from the 5MHz input or divided down from it?

Nigel GM8PZR

Greeting to the timekeepers,

I have just acquired a Frequency Electronics FE2040B Frequency Standard.
It has been off for a long time.  It is mounted on a small chassis with a
power supply
And BNC connectors.  Has outputs labeled 10 Mhz. 5 Mhz, 1 Mhz and 500Khz.
One BNC is labeled 5 Mhz IN.  It is operational and the 10 Mhz is high but
coming down.
It has SMA connectors with short cables going to the BNC outputs.  Some
SMA connectors are not connected.
It has been on for about 12 hours now and does not seem to have an oven.

I am seeking  a manual or schematic for this unit.

Any thoughts appreciated.

73 Gordon WA4FJC
gpbatey at wildblue.net