[time-nuts] Model # FE2040B

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon May 11 14:00:10 UTC 2020

Hi

Ok, so what you have is an FEI part that somebody else has messed with.
They mounted it on a box and wired this and that to here and there.

Best guess is that the switch on the top of the unit once did this:

comp = lock the internal standard to an external standard ( = where it is set now)
ext = just use the external standard
int = just use the internal standard.

Does it still do that? Did the previous owner tinker inside the FEI? Who knows ….

If it *is* now set to “lock up to external standard” and you don’t have a proper
external standard ( = what it expects to see ) hooked up, it probably will just
wander around.

Bob