[time-nuts] OCXO Support Board

Gerhard Hoffmann ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Tue May 12 18:53:25 UTC 2020

I can send you 2 boards of V2 of my OCXO carrier board.
You owe me a beer if we ever should meet in person. :-)

The board supports MV89A, MV318, MTI-260, HP10811A,
cheapish CVHD-950, BF171-IS-S-12.7, ECOC-2522 ( 100 MHz oven, Digikey)
Minimum is the mechanical mounting.

Everything else is optional:
-output amplifier to +18 dBm, can be a frequency doubler,
- two crystal or LC notches to catch sub / harmonics
   (10 MHz MV89 is really 5 MHz, and it shows)
- Squarer for incoming reference frequency and the local osc (Linear
Tech chip)
- a $2.50 Xilinx Coolrunner II CPLD that can generate a 1PPS from
anything below 200 MHz
   the Coolrunner is programmable in situ via JTAG. Do great things with
64 FlipFlops. :-)
- 50 Ohm 1 pps driver
- Also in the CPLD is a Dual-FF phase comparator to compare the oven &
the the
   incoming reference
-- rest of the PLL to lock the OCXO to the incoming frequency, loop
sense is strapping option
-- alternative trimmer to set oven frequency
-- locking to incoming 1pps works for some oven types only, still needs
work.

Ten boards did cost $5 at PCBway, DHL wanted $25 for transport. :-<
I can publish the Altium Designer project or the Gerber files when the
1st ten are used up
and there has been somewhat more testing. The number of possible
combinations
is quite large.

Cheers, Gerhard