[time-nuts] OCXO Support Board

Gerhard Hoffmann ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Fri May 15 00:35:36 UTC 2020

Am 15.05.20 um 01:25 schrieb John Ackermann N8UR:
> On 5/14/20 5:07 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
>
>> No, the cheap board houses don’t check for this stuff. They just build and send it
>> back. If there’s a gotcha, you get it on the board.
> I was pleasantly surprised last week when Seeed Fusion contacted me to
> point out a problem where two vias were too close together (by a couple
> of thousandths).  They asked if they could reduce the hole diameters
I had the same good experience with PCBway.

I used these 0.9 * 0.9 mm GaN FETs, and that does not mean 0.9mm gate
length:
https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/de/epc/EPC2038/917-1138-1-ND/5774048

and used the proposed Altium footprints from EPC. These pull the
solder mask onto the pad which is unusual but maybe essential for
a smooth soldering experience. I'm sure that EPC have experimented with
that.

PCBway emailed me directly and we cleared that up that it was intentional.
They still produced the board on the same day, and soldering was easy.
Very satisfied customer.

Nevertheless I'll try JLCpcb next week. They now have a proxy man somewhere
here in .de who gets one box from China a day and forwards the contents
to the different customers after the customs work is done, via normal
local registered mail.
The import VAT is then already done and billed by JLCpcb.
DHL Express is a royal pain to deal with.

Cheers, Gerhard