[time-nuts] Cs tube pics

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 06:38:23 UTC 2016

> If i were able to build a working optical clock, i would just buy
> a frequency comb. The 10k€ for a comb would be cheap compared to the
> money spend on the rest of the clock :-)

Hmm, not sure what you're looking at, but I have a commercial erbium
fibre comb in my lab and it cost 250 000 Euro. There are two full
height 19 inch racks full of electronics. It has an extra output for
1000 to 2000 nm though, so you could probably knock 50K off the price
for that.

Another interesting data point: some people I know in a national
measurement lab built and sold a Cs fountain to another lab. The price
was US 2 million and I'm guessing that was "mates' rates".

Cheers
Michael