[time-nuts] Trueposition Antenna Location

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 01:57:30 UTC 2018

Yes, it seems that it switches to holdover or waiting if a new sat comes
into view or one drops off. It did not work with the antenna that the
Bodnar worked fine with. I am using a Motorola PCTEL 8508851k66 antenna off
eBay. No idea how good or bad it is. It did work better facing west with a
clear view of the sky even with an extra 30 ft piece of 1/4 hardline and
some adapters added.

It also does not like it if I transmit with my HF radio.

I've attached an older image of the Lady Heather screen with the antenna in
a much better location on the west side of our house. It was in normal mode
most of the time. Lots more sats and much higher signal strength.

Any suggested antenna that might be better?

Regards,

Mark