[time-nuts] SRS PRS10 RFC

Luiz Alberto Saba las at intercat.com.br
Mon Dec 3 16:59:31 UTC 2018

Hi people

I'm new on this list and miles below you.

I'm thinking of use a PRS10 with a LEA-6T providing 1PPS and a Raspberry
PI 3b+ with Lady Heather (2 instances, of course) to monitor/control
both devices.

Reasons for my request for your comments:

1. Power supply. 24 V switched is OK or the classic
transformer/bridge/huge capacitors/regulator is best?

2. Heat. Do I leave PRS10 "as it is" or should i use heat dissipator/fan?

3. LEA-6T or LEA-5T or one of these GPSDOs: Trimble Thunderbolt; Trimble
UCCM; Symmetricom UCCM; Oscilloquartz Star 4+; TruePosition gpsdo as the
source of the 1PPS?

4. Does anyone here have LH 6 source code? LH 5 does not talk with PRS10
(and with TruePosition too).

5. Just connect the 1PPS to PRS10 1PPS input or do I have to alter
something on the configuration?

That's it.

Thanks for your comments

Luiz Alberto Saba