[time-nuts] new WWVB BPSK dev board

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 4 16:48:23 UTC 2018

Hi

The I2C clock rate is going to matter a bit in terms of what you can achieve.
Since the device is targeted at low power, the max practical baud rate may
not be very high. I2C can have a lot of wait in it ... There are a lot of registers
dumped after each “reception attempt”.

There also is the basic question of how the IRQ flag relates to the time the
chip “sees”. If it’s actually WWVB time sync’d then that’s a useful thing.

None of this is likely to be an issue in a wall clock. If they can run at a “tens of ms”
sort of level that’s more than good enough. We really want to get to microseconds
don’t we :)

Bob