[time-nuts] new WWVB BPSK dev board

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 23:08:23 UTC 2018

On 12/4/18 2:52 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <20181204224816.bfef2926d942b52db8061a6e at kinali.ch>, Attila Kinali writes:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 13:12:48 -0800
>> jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I maintain that it's the lack of a cheap RF front end that is the sticky point.
>
> Then you have misunderstood how little you actually need.

I should clarify - "cheap *off-the-shelf* catalog RF front end"

In my old codger-ness with limited free time, I'm just not wild about
wiring up circuits from scratch.  And, I like to see other people
duplicate what I've done, so I've tended to move towards "I can buy that
widget for $20-100" kinds of things.

Hence my 4 channel RTL-SDR+beagle phased array.

I'm going to bet that the 8 bit RTL-SDR isn't going to work on 60kHz.