[time-nuts] Symmetricom TS2100 Faults and Forgetfulness

Chris Quayle syseng at gfsys.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 00:13:51 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Looked into the Heol replacement gps
module, bit bullet  and ordered one.  Arrived today and on re
power up, the system was tracking 8 satellites 3D in 3 or 4
minutes. Quite impressive really and a great improvement on the
original module, even without the firmware issues.

Still have the power down / losing setup fault. If it's powered
down, the next power up shows cleared network info, ip, mask
and route etc, together with rubbish on the display.May be other
parameters as well, but my guess is that it's reverting to
defaults, perhaps because of a checksum fault in the firmware
or eeprom. Will try re installing the firmware, which I updated
to the final version sometime ago, but apart from that, no idea
what the fault might be.

Eeprom dump included. If another member has one of these, do
these values look sane ?. No idea of function though...

Regards,

Chris

35 ? root eng eeprom
36 ? read