[time-nuts] Symmetricom TS2100 Faults and Forgetfulness

Esa Heikkinen tn1ajb at nic.fi
Thu Dec 6 08:42:54 UTC 2018

Chris Quayle kirjoitti 6.12.2018 klo 2:13:

> Eeprom dump included. If another member has one of these, do
> these values look sane ?. No idea of function though...

I think IP address or display settings cannot be stored to that EEPROM,
it contains oscillator steering parameters etc. That is because this
EEPROM is write protected by jumper JP4, so any user settings cannot be
there. You only need to edit the EEPROM content if you change to
different oscillator. To do any changes there JP4 must be shorted to
enable writing.

 From my TS2100 I have stored two EEPROM dumps:

With original TXCO:
0e 5b 45 4b 00 00 00 46
31 30 34 30 38 30 37 39
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 a0 6e 04 1f d3 56 43
58 4f 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff
ff eb 00 00 00 02 3f 73
33 33 00 04 00 00 00 00
00 24 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

After upgrading MTI OCXO:
a5 73 9b 52 00 00 00 46
31 30 34 30 38 30 37 39
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 a0 6e 04 1f d3 56 43
58 4f 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff
ff eb ff ff ff ec 3f 7f
df 3b 00 04 00 00 00 00
00 24 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

So there must be some other place to store the user data. I would look
if there's more EEPROMs on the board and does they have write protect
jumpers also. Erratic jumper setting there could prevent storing any
changes. It may also be faulty eeprom.

--
73s!
Esa