[time-nuts] Furuno GT-87

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 15:29:27 UTC 2018

I hope the moderator lets this pas because attachment size. Creating a web link above my skill level.

For years I have watched for the GT-87 because of its high clock speed. Followed the M12 emulator but was not convinced that it was the latest, since close inspection showed the module larger than the latest GT-87. Found it at Berklin in Germany and bought 6 and for good measure a GN-87 too.  Did a board and send parts to a time nut friend in Australia since Juergs and my eyes are not up to it.Ole offered to run tests using his Maser and attached is data. Some observations their manual and software is targeted for the development board. LH works better and their screen looks like motivated by LH.
Had to use LH for survey command, found out unit does an automatic survey any time you power up. As expected Diurnal shift is still the same just more visible, but that may also have to do with the Maser. Saw tooth correction only makes sense if you design a GPSDO, delay chips for such small steps are not available. Back to ublox 5, 6 with saw tooth correction. Lower total cost.Half the cost GN 87 works but has no survey, will be tested in the next month with a GPSDO.
Thank you Ole for your work and the plot that shows all 11 days and your GPSDO that uses an OSA 8600 and L1+L2 as previously described.If any one seriously interested I have a few extra boards please contact me off list.Bert Kehren