[time-nuts] Minicircuits SYPD-1

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Wed Dec 19 18:36:15 UTC 2018

I had once some leftover space on a home-etched test board and put

one of these BJT mixers in a corner; just for fun, I had no application
in mind

so they collected some dust.

Transformers are 1:4 Macom MABAES0061 or Pulse Engineering CX2047 or
sth. like that.

avail. at DigiKey for $1.50 . Transistors are BFR93 since they happened
to be on the table.

I checked the PD just now since it was mentioned.

Optimum return loss seems to occur at 9 dBm, the sweep goes from 2 to
100 MHz.

10 MHz is the sweet spot at this level. I did not calibrate the VNA.

Cheers, Gerhard