[time-nuts] Report about the power outage & frequency shifts in the UK on 9th Au

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 00:15:36 UTC 2019

As I think just about anyone in the UK knows, there was a large power
outage on 9th August. What is interesting about this is the fact when power
was restored, the frequency was outside the specification. Some time-nuts
might have done some analysis of this. If so, it would be interesting to
see that.

The drop in frequency caused far more problems than I would have expected -
mainly to trains.

The report is marked HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL, yet it is not been leaked to some
obscure website, but it’s on the energy regulators website.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2019/08/incident_report_lfdd_-_summary_-_final.pdf

--
Dr. David Kirkby,