[time-nuts] GPS Antennas

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 23:41:49 UTC 2019

On 8/29/2019 11:59 AM, Dan Kemppainen wrote:
> I recall some talk about the cheap multi-band units on ebay that
> that are compatible with the f9P modules. Can anyone report back how
> they worked out?

I'm very happy with the one I bought and received from that seller.
Haven't tried it with an F9 yet, but the M8T's, TruePositions, NTPi, and
Blitzortung System Blue all work very well on it via my 8-way passive
splitter modified for DC block on 7 of the 8 channels.  (the voltage
feed for the antenna comes from one of the TruePosition units)

Only issue with mine was that the thread wasn't fully cut, so I modified
an old taper tap to be a bottoming tap with the bench grinder and
finished tapping the hole to the bottom.

Thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb