[time-nuts] Anyone have info on STel-9270 Universal DDS Interface

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 05:07:37 UTC 2019

Hello Time-Nuts,
Not strictly time-nuts related, but the group seems to have
outstanding resources.  I'm looking for information (specifically the
serial commands) for the Stanford Telecom STel-9270 Universal DDS
Interface.  This box has a serial interface that talks to a PC and
produces a parallel interface that talks to a DDS box.

Unit was produced in the mid-90's.  Intel absorbed the DDS part of
Stanford Telecom in 1999.  The serial interface talks to Hyperterminal
at 9600, N, 8,1 and echos the typed characters.  I have yet to get the
serial port to produce anything but the echoed characters.  I believe
that the interface is pretty dumb and just translates the input
command(s) into the proper DDS parallel signals.  The problem is -
what are the proper serial commands?

I have yet to find any information on the STEL-9270.  If anyone has
ever used one of these units and can fill me in it would be
appreciated.  Or, if you can point me to someplace that might hold
some information it would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Skip Withrow