[time-nuts] AD9912 DDS frequency resolution measurement?

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:47:00 UTC 2019

Hi all,
We've tried to measure the 1e9/2**48 = 3.55uHz frequency resolution of an
AD9912 DDS (clocked at 1GHz SYSCLK), but found that the output corresponds
to an FTW with the LSB set to zero.
Results around 10MHz output, where we expect a step of 3.55 uHz for each
step of the FTW, but instead see a step of 7.1 uHz every second step.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U5nbg2RSOpVRa8VLOJ6bCWsyihcSBhBZ/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c6CoQIWzRoM4y8CLoRLhi7sh2pMCywwo/view

has anyone else worked a lot with the AD9912 and verified the frequency
resolution?
(I can describe the setup&measurement more in detail, but we believe we
know roughly what we are doing and tried this with two different AD9912
boards and two different measurement systems)

regards,
Anders
(this question is cross-posted to the AD forums also)