[time-nuts] AD9912 DDS frequency resolution measurement?

Bill Slade slade_bill at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:46:20 UTC 2019

Hi,
Are you losing the least significant digit in your frequency measurement?  A double precision word has 52 bits of significance+sign, roughly corresponding to 15 decimal places.   Adding 3uHz to 1Ghz (or hundreds of MHz) is just about on the limit of generating significance errors due to word length. Just a thought.
Cheers,
Bill