[time-nuts] Microsemi/Symmetricom date codes?

Fiorenzo Cattaneo fio at cattaneo.us
Mon Feb 18 21:48:52 UTC 2019

I'm wondering, does this apply to old Microsemi/Symmetricom hardware
as well? I have a vintage 2008-2010 PCI (not PCI express) BCP635v2
card, and the serial number does not appear to have a discernible
pattern, that I'm aware of at least ( "10819084" ). I suppose I could
interpret the first two digits as YY, but the remaining digits don't
make much sense.

Kernel log shows PCI_ID = 12E2  ("Datum Inc. Bancomm-Timing Division"
per PCI vendor database).

Serial and Hardware information is as follows:

req 4f firmware revision is->DT10041V12 <-
req f4 assembly is 0
req f5 hardware fab is 0
req f6 model is BC635PCI
req fe serial number is 10819084

=======================================

fio at clepsydra # dmesg | grep btfp0 | head -12
btfp0: btfp_probe
btfp0: btfp_probe
btfp0: btfp_probe: found dev vendor_id=12e2, device_id=12e2
btfp0 mem 0xfebff000-0xfebfffff,0xfebfe000-0xfebfefff irq 20 at device
0.0 on pci6
btfp0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
btfp0: intr setup ok
btfp0: Inarea offset = 102    (0102)
btfp0: Outarea offset = 82    (0082)
btfp0: GPSarea offset = 2    (0002)
btfp0: YRarea offset = 0    (0000)
btfp0: hasGPS = 0
btfp0: making device btfp0
fio at clepsydra #
fio at clepsydra #

fio at clepsydra # sudo ./btfp_test

Open of tfp device /dev/btfp0 is good
This program causes loss of time lock for ~ 2 min
control register = 0xfebff000
control register = 0x7000 [reserved bits zeroed]
    EVENT1 capture lockout = disabled
    EVENT1 source select = event input triggered
    EVENT1 input edge select = falling edge
    EVENT0/1 capture register = disabled
    Strobe output = disabled
    Time coincidence Strobe mode = major & minor time
    Frequency select = 5 Mhz
    EVENT2 capture lockout = disabled
    EVENT2 input edge select = falling edge
    EVENT2 capture register = disabled
    EVENT3 capture lockout = enabled
    EVENT3 input edge select = rising edge
    EVENT3 capture register = enabled
time 1 is 0x5c6b251e, time0 is 0x004682f9
Timesource status is locked
req 10 timesource is external PPS
req 11 time register format is UNIX
Local time is Mon Feb 18 13:35:26 2019
req 14 PPO parms are PPS sync is 1, Divider1 is 100, Divider2 is 100
req 15 input timecode format is IRIG-B
req 16 input timecode modulation is DC level shift PCM
req 17 propagation delay is 0
req 1b output timecode format is IRIG-B
req 21 jamsync enabled is 1
req 4f firmware revision is->DT10041V12 <-
req f4 assembly is 0
req f5 hardware fab is 0
req f6 model is BC635PCI
req fe serial number is 10819084
fio at clepsydra #

-- Fio Cattaneo

Universal AC, can Entropy be reversed? -- "THERE IS AS YET
INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER."