[time-nuts] Help needed with Tracor 308A Rubidium Frequency Standard

Heinz Breuer dh2fa at me.com
Tue Feb 19 20:12:33 UTC 2019

Hello to the group,
out of an estate I got a Tracor 308A and plugged it in. As I already expected UNLOCK is lit.

Well without any documentation I am lost. I hear a relay click every couple seconds and the uA meter starts at zero but current slowly increases and pegs the left stop (>50uA) after about 30 minutes. Neither the 10-turn control Magnetic Field nor the Frequency Fine control seems to have any effect. I have not yet touched coarse.

The Tracor 308A came out of an estate and the family claims to have no knowledge about it.

I hope the lamp is still good. Any idea how long it might take for the LOCK to come on?

Thanks for your help.
vy 73 Heinz DH2FA, KM5VT

Von meinem iPhone gesendet