[time-nuts] Help needed with Tracor 308A Rubidium Frequency Standard

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Feb 20 00:14:50 UTC 2019

Hi

With any Rb, the first question is if the ovens are running and cutting back properly. There
*should* be some sort of oven monitor settings on the switch. It’s a reasonable bet that < 1 hr
is needed to get them to cut back. The gotcha is that if they don’t cut back you start to fry
components.

Past that, the OCXO likely is a bit off frequency after many decades. Getting it tuned close
to 5 MHz is a good next step. Past that, this is a big old 5065 sized beast, there’s a lot in it
that could go wrong.

Bottom line - you very much need a manual.

Bob