[time-nuts] Clock project request from IEEE

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Sat Feb 23 07:44:13 UTC 2019

Hi,
This request interests me a lot because there is not a good technical product on the market.
I would like something similar to the model 6460 TRAK Systems but with more advanced features
such as a synchronization within 10nS with an external clock and a clock synchronization from
GPS using both the NMEA code using also a PPS input in order to eliminate the delay due to the
serial port communication.
Unfortunately I do not have the skills to participate in this project but I sincerely hope
that some brilliant mind among you can accommodate the request. Tom for example?
Luciano

   Da "time-nuts" time-nuts-bounces at lists.febo.com
   A "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" time-nuts at lists.febo.com
   Cc
   Data Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:31:06 -0800
   Oggetto [time-nuts] Clock project request from IEEE
   I received the following email and permission to post it on time-nuts:

   > Hello,
   >
   > I am the executive editor of the IEEE's flagship magazine, IEEE Spectrum.
   > I recently acquired a TAPR "Pulse Puppy" and I am intrigued by the idea of
   > using it to build a very precise clock that I would share with Spectrum's readers.
   >
   > I would like to partner with an engineer with experience in digital clocks, who
   > would be credited as co-author on this project.
   >
   > Can you suggest someone who might be interested in this project? I would be
   > much obliged if you had some suggestions.
   >
   > Kind regards,
   > -Glenn

   Glenn's contact info is:

   > Glenn Zorpette
   > g.zorpette at ieee.org

   You can just imagine all the many ways the project could head. Send Glenn a note if you want to help. Or post here if you have suggestions.

   Thanks,
   /tvb