[time-nuts] Lars Walineus

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 7 05:29:59 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 1/7/19 2:14 AM, Mark Sims wrote:
> It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my friend and fellow time-nut Lars Walenius.   Lars was a wonderful person that was always willing to share his knowledge and offer help to anybody that asked.
>
> He is probably most famous here for his "Lars GPSDO", a very simple and low cost TIC (with 1 ns resoulution) and GPSDO.  He was also famous for his work in temperature compensating voltage references.  He will be greatly missed...
>
> http://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/farewell-to-our-friend-lars/

I never came to meet him, although he didn't live that far away. It
would have been fun to characterize his GPSDO but life throws things at
you. In his case he was really fighting his illness and well, to be
honest, it was not looking good when we started to discuss things.

Enjoyed the simplicity of his designs. It takes a curious mind to do
that level of simplicity and still get accuracy, I kind of like that.

I'll mention him over dinner tomorrow.

Cheers,
Magnus