[time-nuts] Misuse of word "decimate" (was Re: Short term 10MHz source)

John Ackermann. N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Jan 10 12:54:20 UTC 2019

And just to clarify the subject matter -- the TICC data output contains 12 decimal places, i.e., 1 ps precision.  The actual resolution is about 55 ps, so the last digit is pure noise, and the penultimate digit should really be either 5 or 0.

To eliminate the distraction of the noise, It's under consideration to zero the last decimal place, and *maybe* to round to 50 ps.  I think the last digit is a no-brainer, but am more hesitant about the rounding.

Coming soon to a git near you...